Lamb Blade Chops with Olive Parsley Salad
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Randy Mon
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 656
- Calories from fat: 73%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 53g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 697mg
- Cholesterol: 157mg
- 4 lamb blade chops (1/2 to 3/4 in. thick; about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup pitted briny green olives, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, very coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced preserved lemon
- 1. Prepare a grill for direct medium-high heat (450°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Trim any hard fat from the outside of each lamb chop and season on both sides with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp. oil, the lemon zest, and garlic; slather mixture on both sides of chops.
- 2. In another small bowl, stir together olives, parsley, preserved lemon, and remaining 4 tbsp. oil.
- 3. Grill chops 4 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a clean plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Serve each chop topped with a spoonful of olive parsley salad, and roasted or grilled potatoes if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes