- 4 lamb blade chops (1/2 to 3/4 in. thick; about 2 lbs.)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3/4 cup pitted briny green olives, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, very coarsely chopped
- 4 teaspoons minced preserved lemon
- calories 656
- caloriesfromfat 73 %
- protein 40 g
- fat 53 g
- satfat 15 g
- carbohydrate 2.9 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- sodium 697 mg
- cholesterol 157 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a grill for direct medium-high heat (450°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 4 to 5 seconds). Trim any hard fat from the outside of each lamb chop and season on both sides with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix 2 tbsp. oil, the lemon zest, and garlic; slather mixture on both sides of chops.
In another small bowl, stir together olives, parsley, preserved lemon, and remaining 4 tbsp. oil.
Grill chops 4 minutes, then flip and grill an additional 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer to a clean plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Serve each chop topped with a spoonful of olive parsley salad, and roasted or grilled potatoes if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.