Lamb and Artichoke Stew
If your grocer doesn't carry prepackaged lamb stew meat, ask the butcher to cut 1 pound of boneless leg of lamb into chunks.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 167
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbohydrate: 14.7g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 551mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound lamb stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound Yukon gold potatoes, cubed (about 2 medium)
- 1 (32-ounce) container fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Place mushrooms in a bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand 20 minutes. Strain mushrooms from liquid, reserving liquid; finely chop mushrooms.
- 2. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add half of lamb; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove lamb from pan; set aside. Repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining lamb; set aside.
- 3. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 2 minutes or until tender. Add lamb, artichoke hearts, and next 6 ingredients. Stir in chopped mushrooms and reserved mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes or until lamb is tender.
- 4. Combine flour and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk; add to stew. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This