Lamb and Sundried Tomatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Ingredients8 large oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, well drained, coarsely chopped (1 tablespoon oil reserved)
- 2 lamb shanks (3/4 to 1 pound each), well trimmed
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup canned ready-cut Italian-style tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup canned unsalted beef broth
- 1 6 1/2-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- print a shopping list for this recipe
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325Â°F. Heat 1 tablespoon reserved oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Season lamb shanks lightly with salt and pepper. Add lamb to pot and cook until brown, turning frequently, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add canned tomatoes, broth and sun-dried tomatoes. Bring liquids to boil. Cover pot and bake lamb until almost tender, turning once, about 1 hour. Add artichoke hearts. Cover and bake until lamb is very tender, about 20 minutes. (Can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate.)
- Transfer lamb to plate. Spoon fat from surface of pan juices. Boil pan juices over high heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Return lamb to pot and rewarm over low heat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nsmerritt1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lamb and Sundried Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes