Dish was a lot of work for how it turned out. You would need to find perfect Swiss chard for this, which i did not. Meat mixture falling out everywhere. Will not attempt again.
Lamb and Potato Dolma
Ground lamb, potatoes, dried currants and fresh oregano rolled in tender chard leaves create a modern twist on stuffed grape leaves. Make ahead and gently reheat in a large covered skillet with a few tablespoons of water in the bottom; try serving them with plain Greek yogurt for dipping and a few lemon wedges. Recipe serves 6 to 8. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3216.
Yield: 8 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) ground lamb
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup(s) dried currants
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped oregano
- 2 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 large red potato (about 3/4 pound), peeled and chopped
- 2 bunch(es) chard, thick stems trimmed
- Brown lamb in a large skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully tip the skillet to pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat that has accumulated in the pan. Return to heat, add onion and salt and cook until onions are soft and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes more. Lower heat to medium and stir in currants, oregano, garlic, potatoes and 3 tablespoons water. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes more. Remove from heat and mash potato into lamb mixture with a fork. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, add chard leaves a few at a time, stirring gently until wilted and just tender, about 30 seconds. Carefully transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet and pat dry. Spoon some of the lamb mixture into the center of each chard leaf and roll up snugly, tucking in the ends. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes