1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cover and sweat the onions over a medium heat for 4 minutes, until softened. Transfer half the onions to a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the minced lamb, 100 g of the feta and egg to the onions in the bowl. Season well, then mix together. Shape into 20 meatballs.
3. Add the peppers and meatballs to the onions in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the meatballs are lightly browned all over. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Season and bring to the boil. Partially cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
5. Stir the basil into the tomato sauce. Divide the spaghetti between 4 pasta bowls and top with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle each with the reserved crumbled feta.
Go to full version of