LAMB AND MILD FETA MEATBALLS
A delicious Greek twist on a classic recipe.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 500g lean minced lamb
- 125g Yamas! Mild Feta cheese crumbled
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 red pepper deseeded & cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper deseeded & cut into strips
- 2 can(s) chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 tablespoon(s) fresh basil shredded
- 1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cover and sweat the onions over a medium heat for 4 minutes, until softened. Transfer half the onions to a large mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the minced lamb, 100 g of the feta and egg to the onions in the bowl. Season well, then mix together. Shape into 20 meatballs.
- 3. Add the peppers and meatballs to the onions in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the meatballs are lightly browned all over. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and sugar. Season and bring to the boil. Partially cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling salted water according to pack instructions. Drain well and return to the pan to keep warm.
- 5. Stir the basil into the tomato sauce. Divide the spaghetti between 4 pasta bowls and top with the meatballs and sauce. Sprinkle each with the reserved crumbled feta.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KatherineCooks and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note