More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Carbohydrate: 15.7g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 100mg
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup uncooked bulgur
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound lean ground lamb
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pierce eggplant with a fork; place on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool; peel and finely chop.
- Place a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and garlic, and sauté 3 minutes or until tender.
- Combine eggplant, onion mixture, cheese, and next 9 ingredients (cheese through egg whites) in a large bowl; stir well. Crumble lamb over eggplant mixture, and stir just until ingredients are blended.
- Pack meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until meat loaf registers 160°. Let meat loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan; cut loaf into 12 slices.
- Sandwich suggestion: Serve leftover meat loaf slices in pita bread halves with cucumber slices and plain low-fat yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note