- Vegetable oil
- All-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sifted cake flour
- Brush two cookie sheets lightly with oil; dust lightly with flour, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) and salt in a large mixing bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, 1/8 cup sugar, and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gently fold yolk mixture into egg whites just until blended. Gradually fold in cake flour, 1/8 cup at a time, sifting flour over surface of egg mixture before folding.
- Gently spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe mixture onto prepared cookie sheets in three 1/2-inch-long fingers, 2 inches apart. Sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup sugar lightly over ladyfingers, using a fine-meshed sieve. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note