- 1 (8.5-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, drained and divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (2-ounce) package macadamia nut pieces
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
How to Make It
Combine corn muffin mix, 3/4 cup pineapple, egg, milk, and coconut; stir just until blended.
Combine melted butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, flour, and macadamia nuts to form a streusel topping.
Spoon batter into 12 greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle streusel mixture evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; remove from heat, and add remaining 1/2 cup pineapple.
Combine remaining 1 cup whipping cream and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar in a medium bowl, and beat at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
Serve each individual cake with praline sauce and whipped cream.