Kung Pao Shrimp Risotto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 437
- Calories from fat: 15%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- 1 pound (26 to 30 per lb.) shelled, deveined shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 dried hot chilies (about 3 in.)
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 cup white arborio or pearl rice
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered green and/or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Soy sauce
- 1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- 2. Add diced red bell pepper, ginger, chilies, and salad oil to pan. Stir until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Add rice to pan and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry and broth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
- 4. Add shrimp and stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
- 5. Ladle risotto into wide bowls or mound on plates. Sprinkle portions with chopped bell pepper and peanuts. Add soy sauce to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes