1. In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
2. Add diced red bell pepper, ginger, chilies, and salad oil to pan. Stir until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
3. Add rice to pan and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry and broth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
4. Add shrimp and stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
5. Ladle risotto into wide bowls or mound on plates. Sprinkle portions with chopped bell pepper and peanuts. Add soy sauce to taste.