Kung Pao Chicken Burgers
From Iowa Girl Eats
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) ground chicken
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) peanuts chopped
- 1 egg white
- 2 garlic cloves microplaned or minced
- 4 buns
- For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) mirin
- 4 teaspoon(s) chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger microplaned or minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstartch
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients except for the cornstarch and water then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, green onions, bread crumbs, peanuts, egg white, garlic, and 2 Tablespoons prepared sauce then mix with hands until just combined and form into 4 patties. Cook in a nonstick-sprayed skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes a side, or until done.
- Meanwhile, stir cornstarch and water together in a small bowl then whisk into remaining sauce. Transfer to a small saucepan then reduce over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Place cooked burgers on toasted buns then top with reduced sauce and desired burger toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kung Pao Chicken Burgers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches