Kung Pao Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 piece(s) skinnless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) low sodium soy sauce divided
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1.5 tsp cornstarch divided
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil divided
- 1.5 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sambal oelek (fresh ground chile paste)
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 3 tablespoon(s) coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 stalk(s) celery diagonally cut
- 8 piece(s) 6" corn tortilla
- 1/3 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 1/2 piece(s) red pepper thinly sliced
- 4 slice(s) limes
- 1. Place chicken in a large ziploc bag. Add 1 tb of soy sauce to the bag. Marinate at room temp for 30 min. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Place 1/4 cup cornstarch in shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Add chicken to cornstarch in dish, and toss chicken to coat. Shake off extra cornstarch.
- 2. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tb of canola oil to pan and swirl to coat. Add half of the coated chicken. saute for 6 min until done. Remove using slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with canola oil and remaining chicken.
- 3. Combine remaining cornstarch, remaining 2 tb soy sauce, honey and next 3 ingredients (through sambal) in a microwave safe bowl, stirring with whisk till smooth. Microwave at high for 1 1/2 min or until slightly thick, stirring twice. Stir in garlic. Combine the mixture with chicken, peanuts and celery. Toss to coat chicken.
- 4. Toast tortillas under broiler on griddle until lightly blistered, turning frequently. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates; divide mixture among. Top with green onions, bell peppers and lime.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sharibud and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note