This was simple to make, and very tasty. I will make it again.
Kung Pao Chicken
Homemade Chinese food is a tasty and delicious way to save money in your food budget. This classic kung pao chicken is ready in just 30 minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 589mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World), divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped salted peanuts
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and 2 teaspoons ginger to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add water. Cover; cook 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove broccoli from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in pan; add remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, crushed red pepper, and chicken. Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Combine broth and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl, and stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to pan; cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly. Return broccoli mixture to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note