This is quite good -- my guest liked the light flavored dressing. It seemed to need a little more acidity so I had added a cara cara orange flavored vinegar (about a Tablespoon) before serving. Otherwise, no changes to the recipe.
Kumquat Mint Salad with Jasmine Dressing
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Stylist: Emma Star Jensen
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 3.8g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Sodium: 199mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 bags jasmine tea
- 5 ounces kumquats (about 15)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 qts. butter lettuce torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup small whole mint leaves, or torn larger leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1. Heat 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat until small bubbles form. Add tea and remove from heat. Steep 3 minutes and stir. Strain tea and let cool; discard tea bags.
- 2. Meanwhile, seed and thinly slice kumquats*.
- 3. In a small bowl, make dressing: Combine chopped kumquats, jasmine tea, oil, salt, and pepper.
- 4. Put lettuce, mint, sliced kumquats, and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- * To seed kumquats, either thinly slice each kumquat crosswise about a third of the way into the fruit or quarter the fruit lengthwise; then remove seeds with a knife tip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads