- 2 bags jasmine tea
- 5 ounces kumquats (about 15)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 qts. butter lettuce torn into large pieces
- 1/2 cup small whole mint leaves, or torn larger leaves
- 1/3 cup toasted slivered almonds
- calories 121
- caloriesfromfat 62 %
- protein 3.8 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 199 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Heat 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat until small bubbles form. Add tea and remove from heat. Steep 3 minutes and stir. Strain tea and let cool; discard tea bags.
Meanwhile, seed and thinly slice kumquats*.
In a small bowl, make dressing: Combine chopped kumquats, jasmine tea, oil, salt, and pepper.
Put lettuce, mint, sliced kumquats, and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
* To seed kumquats, either thinly slice each kumquat crosswise about a third of the way into the fruit or quarter the fruit lengthwise; then remove seeds with a knife tip.