Awesome!! I served this over a vanilla bean buttermilk cake & it was fantastic. Super simple to make.
Spread this delicious Kumquat Conserva over ricotta cheese on toasted challah, or spoon it into a bowl of oatmeal. We also top Kumquat Conserva over our Hazelnut Meringue desserts.
This recipe goes with Hazelnut Meringues with Kumquat Conserva
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 pound kumquats, seeded* and sliced crosswise 1/8 in. thick (3 cups)
- 1. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; scrape out seeds with a knife tip. Put pod and seeds in a medium saucepan. Add sugar and 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in kumquats, return to a simmer, and cook until skins are translucent, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Strain kumquats over a bowl. Return syrup to pan with vanilla pod and boil until reduced to 1 1/4 cups, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in kumquats and let the conserva cool.
- Make ahead: Up to 2 weeks, chilled.
- *To seed kumquats, either thinly slice each kumquat crosswise about a third of the way into the fruit or quarter the fruit lengthwise; then remove seeds with a knife tip.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This