Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) 1/4 oz active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water 110 F
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) warm milk 110 F
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Kulebiak Filling
- 10 ounce(s) mushrooms, chopped
- 2 pound(s) sauerkraut, drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 large onions, minced
- 3 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Kulebiak Filling. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar and 1 T. flour. Let stand until foamy, 5-10 minutes. Beat in milk, butter, salt, nutmeg, eggs and 2 cups flour. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Clean and grease bowl. Knead dough 8-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in greased bowl, turning to coat all sides. Cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a large baking sheet. Punch down dough. Divide dough in 1/2. On a lightly floured surface, roll our 1/2 the dough to 14" x 12". Spread 1/2 Kulebiak Filling over rolled dough, to 1 inch of edge. Roll dough lengthwise, jelly roll style. Crimp ends closed by pinching them together. Tuck ends under. Carefully place filled Kulebiak on greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough and filing. Pierce each Kulebiak with a fork to allow steam to escape. Brush filled Kulebiak with egg white. Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool slightly. Cut in 1 inch slices. Makes 2 rolls.
- Kulebiak Filling:
- Place sauerkraut in large sauce pan. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 10 minutes. Melt butter in large skillet. Add onions, saute over medium heat until tender. Add mushrooms, saute, Add sauerkraut and eggs. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover over medium heat 5 minutes. Let cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psschmidt2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note