CL Turkey Burger w/ Special Sauce is a simular burger and I perfer it to this one.
Korean Kimchi Burgers
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 607
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 35g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 1049mg
- Cholesterol: 110mg
- 3 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, divided
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°).
- 2. Mix cabbage, 1/4 cup green onions, the vinegar, 1 tsp. each garlic and ginger, 2 tsp. sesame oil, and 1/2 tsp. chili sauce in a large bowl. Set relish aside, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, mix mayonnaise with remaining 1 tsp. chili sauce.
- 3. Combine beef, soy sauce, and remaining 1/4 cup green onions, 1 tbsp. each garlic and ginger, and 1 tsp. sesame oil. Shape into 4 patties, each about 1/2 in. thick.
- 4. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill burgers, covered, turning once, 7 to 8 minutes total for medium. In the final minutes, toast buns.
- 5. Spread bun bottoms with chili mayonnaise. Set burgers on buns. With a slotted spoon, put some cabbage relish on each. Serve with remaining relish.
- Shortcut: Omit the relish and use kimchi from the refrigerated section of a supermarket or Asian market; the recipe will be saltier.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This