Korean Kalbi (BBQ Beef Short Ribs)
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) beef short ribs
- 1/2 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1 whole(s) pear or apple grated
- 2 piece(s) garlic finely minced
- 1/2 piece(s) small onion
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 strip(s) honey
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 piece(s) green onions
- 1. Soak the ribs in cold water for about an hour or until coloration of the water turns pinkish red. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- 2. Combine soy sauce, pear, garlic, ginger, and onion into a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl (the ribs will be added here later), combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well. Add the beef short ribs and coat thoroughly.
- 4. Cover the ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5. If using a grill, heat the grill to high. Remove short ribs from marinade and grill short ribs until slightly charred and tender and cooked to desired preference. Serve short ribs with white rice and kimchi.
- 6. If using a stove top, add the short ribs to a non-stick frying pan on medium-high heat. Cook about 5 minutes on each side or until slightly charred. Serve with rice and accompanying side dishes. Enjoy!
- *If serving small children (and wanting to prevent a mess), it's best to cut the meat off the bone and slice into bite-size pieces. The dark marinade can stain clothes so be careful.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note