Korean Cabbage Wraps with Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber Salad
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck
- Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste)*
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 pound pulled barbecued pork (without sauce)
- 18 savoy or napa cabbage leaves
- Chopped oil-roasted cocktail peanuts
- 1. Prepare Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber Salad.
- 2. While salad chills, process soy sauce and next 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- 3. Spoon about 1/4 cup pork into each cabbage leaf; drizzle with soy sauce mixture. Spoon Sweet-and-Sour Cucumber Salad over pork, using a slotted spoon. Top with desired amount of peanuts.
- *2 tsp. Asian hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha) may be substituted.
- Note: We tested with Annie Chun's Go-Chu-Jang Korean Sweet & Spicy sauce, available online at anniechun.com.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note