- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (10-oz.) bottle gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 10 to 12 (10-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 3 lemons
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 cup torn fresh cilantro leaves
How to Make It
Stir together first 4 ingredients in a large shallow dish or zip-top plastic freezer bag. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover or seal, and chill 1 to 3 hours.
Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes. (Omit if using metal skewers.) Cut each lemon into 8 wedges.
Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread chicken and lemon wedges alternately onto skewers, leaving a 1/8-inch space between pieces.
Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves.
Note: We tested with Annie Chun's Korean Sweet & Spicy Go-Chu-Jang.