- 2 cups sushi rice, such as Nishiki
- 1 rib-eye steak (1 lb.)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chile flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 18 to 24 small red-tipped lettuce leaves
- 2 green onions, sliced into thin 4-in. strips
- calories 267
- caloriesfromfat 51 %
- protein 17 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 489 mg
- cholesterol 62 mg
How to Make It
Preheat a grill for medium heat (350° to 450°). Cook rice according to package directions.
Grill steak, turning once, until done the way you like, 8 minutes for medium-rare. Remove from grill, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine soy sauce, chile flakes, pepper, garlic, and oil.
Spoon about 1/4 cup rice onto middle of each lettuce leaf. Top with a little steak, a scant tsp. sauce, and onion strips.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.