absolutely will make again. used splenda instead of sugar and turned out perfect! only marinated about 30 minutes and was still full of flavor. will definately recommend this recipe to friends. Served with brown rice and edamame
Korean Barbecued Beef
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 4.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 748mg
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- 1 beef flank steak (1 3/4 to 2 lb.)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1. Rinse beef and pat dry. Cut steak at a 45° angle across the grain, cutting almost, but not completely, through. Make another cut 1/4 inch from the first cut, following the same angle and cutting all the way through. Open up butterflied slices and place in a large bowl.
- 2. Add soy, green onions, sesame oil, sugar, and garlic to bowl; mix to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- 3. Spread slices open on an oiled grill over a bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 5 to 6 minutes total.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note