Kona Coffee-Chocolate Bread Pudding
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 507
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 48g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Cholesterol: 232mg
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) French bread
- 1/2 cup (1/4 lb.) butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup cold Kona or regular coffee (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons dried instant espresso coffee
- Crème anglaise
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1. Cut bread crosswise into 3/4-inch slices. Overlap slices in a single layer in a shallow 3-quart casserole (about 9 by 13 in.).
- 2. In a large bowl with a mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until well blended. Add eggs and beat until blended. Add whipping cream, coffee, and instant espresso; stir until mixed. Pour egg mixture over bread. Let stand at least 15 minutes or cover and chill up to 1 day.
- 3. Bake, covered, in a 350° oven until filling no longer jiggles when casserole is gently shaken, about 30 minutes (about 45 minutes if chilled). Pour crème anglaise over pudding and sprinkle with chocolate.
- 4. Serve warm. Spoon portions, including sauce, into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts