- 6 cups of all purpose sifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb Crisco
- 1/4 lb Butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 egg yoks
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large glass bowl.
- Cut in crisco, butter and cream cheese
- In a separate bowl put egg yolks sour cream and vanilla mix thoroughly
- Integrate all ingredients into dough.
- leave dough uncovered in refrigerator overnight
- Roll out on floured board like pastry Cut into 2 inch squares
- fill with almond paste, lekvar, poppyseed filling, or any fruit filling of your choice
- use very little in the center of the square, filling grows while baking. Fold over corners and pinch together . Bake at 325
- until slightly browned
This recipe is a personal recipe added by toningary and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kolache Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies