- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup commercial sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pastry shell
- Orange slices (optional)
How to Make It
Place cottage cheese in container of an electric blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
Beat eggs in a medium mixing bowl until thick and lemon colored; add sugar and flour, beating until well blended. Add cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, lemon rind and juice; beat until smooth.
Pour cheese mixture into pastry shell. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Garnish with orange slices, if desired. Serve cheese pie warm or chilled.