Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 6 Hours
- 4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup nonfat dried milk
- 1 pound cooked ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cod liver oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment.
- 2. Combine flour and milk; mix well. Mix in meat, then both oils. Add water 2 Tbsp. at a time until dough is firm and smooth (up to 1/2 cup).
- 3. Divide into 2 portions. Use a spatula to spread each portion of dough on a cookie sheet to 1/4-inch thickness. Score dough with a knife into about 700 crunchies. Sprinkle cheese evenly over both pans.
- 4. Bake until crunchies are golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes, switching sheets from top to bottom and front to back and shaking both sheets halfway through. Turn off oven and, leaving the door closed, allow crunchies to dry for up to 6 hours. Remove from oven and let cool completely before packaging. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks (6 weeks if refrigerated).
- Allowance per day: 5 to 10 crunchies
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note