More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 702
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 1,923mg
- Carbohydrate: 83g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 28g
- 1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 11-ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa, drained
- 1 8-count package large flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Juice of 1 to 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced 1 inch thick
- Heat oven to 400° F.
In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, and salsa.
Place 4 tortillas on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the black bean mixture on top of the cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and sandwich with the remaining tortillas. Bake until the cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and oil. Add the lettuce and toss.
Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board. Cut each into 6 wedges. Serve with the salad.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes