- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso or French roast coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (10 cookies)
- 4 (1.45-oz.) milk chocolate candy bars with almonds, chopped (we tested with Hershey's)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate morsels (we tested with Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup pecan pieces, toasted
How to Make It
Coat a 13" x 9" pan with cooking spray. Line pan with aluminum foil, allowing ends to hang over short sides of pan. Tuck overlapping ends under rim on short sides. Coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add eggs, coffee, and vanilla, beating just until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at medium speed until blended. Stir in sandwich cookie crumbs and remaining 4 ingredients.
Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
Bake at 325° for 55 to 58 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
Carefully invert brownies from pan using overlapping foil as handles; remove foil. Invert brownies again onto a cutting board. Cut brownies into squares.
Note: We like this technique of lining a pan with foil before baking brownies. It sure makes cutting baked brownies neat and easy.