Kitchen Express Roasted Pumpkin-Acorn Squash Soup
Yield: Makes about 8 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 (12-oz.) packages frozen cooked pureed squash, thawed
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add thyme; sauté 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2. Stir in broth, pumpkin, and squash. Increase heat to medium-high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes.
- 3. Process soup, in batches, in a food processor or blender until smooth. Return soup to Dutch oven. Stir in half-and-half and remaining ingredients. Cook, over low heat, stirring often, 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Publix Cooked Squash. Be sure to use unsweetened squash puree for best results.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews