Kitchen Express Pot Likker Soup
This soup would be wonderful alongside a bowl of hoppin' John.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 pound smoked boneless pork loin, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons jarred ham soup base
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can vegetable broth
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
- Cornbread Croutons
- 1. Sauté pork, onion, and carrot in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half.
- 2. Stir in ham soup base, broth, water, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Gradually stir in collards; reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until collards are tender. Serve with Cornbread Croutons.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews