- 1/2 pound smoked boneless pork loin, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons jarred ham soup base
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can vegetable broth
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package fresh collard greens, washed and trimmed
- Cornbread Croutons
How to Make It
Sauté pork, onion, and carrot in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender; add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Add wine; cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until wine is reduced by half.
Stir in ham soup base, broth, water, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Gradually stir in collards; reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until collards are tender. Serve with Cornbread Croutons.