This is definitely NOT as good as the original recipe. It's fine for what it is: brownies made from a mix. If you're in a hurry and want to jazz up a box of brownies, then this is the recipe for you. If you truly want the taste of Mississippi Mud Cake...take the extra time to make the real deal. This one does not taste like cake...it tastes like boxed brownies.
Kitchen Express Mississippi Mud Cake
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 (17.6-oz.) packages fudge brownie mix for batter
- 1 (10.5-oz.) bag miniature marshmallows
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1. Place pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Prepare mix according to package directions; pour batter into a greased 15- x 10- x 1-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and top with marshmallows; bake 8 to 10 more minutes. Drizzle warm cake with Chocolate Frosting, and sprinkle evenly with toasted pecans.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Chocolate Lover's Double Fudge Brownie Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This