Peanut butter and wheat germ lace this flavorful cookie with rich nutrients.
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup extra-crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 48 chocolate kisses
- Beat first 6 ingredients at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Combine flour and remaining 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Place a chocolate kiss in each cookie and cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
- Note: A teaspoon measure gives you enough dough to shape into a 1" ball.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note