"1 (8-oz.) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed"... SERIOUSLY? I gave the recipe two stars (which is "has potential") - because I haven't made it. It does have potential. Other than the ingredient above, it looks amazing. But a "package of pasteurized prepared cheese product"???? Wow, that is SO gross! I clicked on the recipe because it looked delicious, and I've been struggling to find a good mac and cheese recipe... but using this fake food? Absolutely not.
King Ranch Chicken Mac and Cheese
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package cellentani pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (8-oz.) package pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and prepared cheese product; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 10-inch cast-iron skillet or 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles