Today was my first time making it n it was great...I will definitely recommend to others
King Ranch Chicken Casserole
We bet that after one taste of this rich, creamy King Ranch casserole recipe, you'll be hooked too. It also travels well, making it a great choice to take to a covered-dish dinner.
More From Southern Living
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients; remove from heat.
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third of tortilla pieces in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with one-third of chicken mixture and 2/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note