Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkeum Bab)
I found this recipe in People and decided to change it up a little bit (adding scrambled eggs and Korea's staple food kimchi). The family loved it along with a bean sprout banchan side dish that I prepared for them. The recipe provided is my version of this delicious recipe. www.oliviajasonkim.com
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) kimchi chopped
- 4 cup(s) rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) red chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 piece(s) green onions, (green part only) diced
- 1. Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 eggs, minced garlic, and ginger, and cook until eggs are partially-scrambled. Slide the eggs to the side of skillet and add the kimchi. Saute both sides for several more minutes without combing together.
- 2. Add 1 more tbsp. vegetable oil and add rice and red pepper flakes (gochugaru). Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often until it begins to brown. Taste and add salt if needed at this time.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs separately to make each one sunny-side up.
- 4. Put fried rice on serving plate. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of red chili pepper flakes, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts. (optional)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note