Kielbasa and Split Pea Soup
I made this soup early in the day and had it for lunch. Delicious. I went to reheat it later for dinner and all hell broke loose at my house. I totally forgot about the soup and it sat on a hot oven far too long and turned to mush. The mash was still FANTASTIC!!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) sliced celery
- 1/2 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1 pound(s) bag dried green split peas
- 9 cup(s) water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 14 ounce(s) smoked turkey sausage sliced
- 2 cup(s) carrots sliced
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- Saute celery and onion in a large sprayed Dutch oven. Add dried peas and only 6 cups water. Bring to a boil and reduce/simmer for 25 min. Add remaining ingredients and 3 cups water; return to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25 min or until peas are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by earrational and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note