- 1 pound lamb kidneys
- 1 beef-flavored bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup cubed, cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced, cooked carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baking Powder Biscuits
- Place kidneys and water to cover in a heavy saucepan; let stand 1 hour. Drain. Remove center cord and excess fat from kidneys; discard. Cut kidneys into small pieces.
- Combine kidney, bouillon cube, boiling water, and onion in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Combine flour and cold water, stirring well to form a smooth paste. Stir into kidney mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat; spoon into a 9-inch pie plate. Top with Baking Powder Biscuits. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes