Kidney Bean Salad with Walnuts and Cilantro
Quick, easy, tasty, cheap and keeps well.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 7 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 (15-16 oz.) can(s) kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized red onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) walnuts coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- Toast cumin in skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk vinegar and oil in bowl to combine.
- Combine kidney beans, onion, 1 1/2 cups walnuts, and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro in large bowl. Add vinegar and oil mixture. Crumble cumin seeds between fingers and add to bean mixture. Toss gently to blend; season with salt and pepper. Let salad stand at room temperature for 2 hours. (Can be made 6 hours ahead; refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Line and fill large bowl with lettuce leaves. Spoon salad into bowl. Garnish salad with additional cilantro and walnuts and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandofan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kidney Bean Salad with Walnuts and Cilantro Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads