- 1 package (4 oz.) black bean and rice mix
- 1 1/2 cups tomato salsa
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 8 flour tortillas (8 in. wide)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat or regular cheddar cheese
- Sour cream or reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Canned sliced ripe olives (optional)
- calories 494
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- protein 24 g
- fat 13 g
- satfat 6 g
- carbohydrate 68 g
- fiber 6 g
- sodium 2392 mg
- cholesterol 30 mg
How to Make It
Cook bean and rice mix according to package directions.
Meanwhile, combine salsa and tomato sauce and pour 1 cup of the mixture into a 9- by 13-inch casserole.
In a microwave oven on full power (100 percent), warm 2 or 3 tortillas at a time between paper towels, 20 to 30 seconds.
As tortillas are heated, spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down center of each, roll to enclose, and place, seam down, in casserole.
Pour remaining salsa mixture over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in a 400° oven until enchiladas are hot in center, 20 to 25 minutes. Garnish the casserole with sour cream and olives.