- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, plus 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to Make It
Preheat broiler. Sprinkle both sides of cutlets with salt and pepper. Melt butter with oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Cook cutlets in butter mixture until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Tilt pan; add marmalade and next 3 ingredients to drippings, and stir until combined. Spoon sauce over cutlets.
Broil 8 inches from heat until chicken is glazed and cooked through, about 6 minutes, turning cutlets every minute and basting with pan sauce. Spoon sauce over chicken.