Kickin' Chicken Tortilla Soup
Heads up! This one is super-spicy! ***We usually double the amount of chicken for a more filling meal and leave out the jalapeno
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounce(s) cooked lean skinless boneless chicken breast shredded
- 1 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes undrained
- 1/2 cup(s) canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 tablespoon(s) lime juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) fajita seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 6 whole(s) baked tortilla chips crushed
- 1 whole(s) Optional toppings: cilantro, sour cream, shredded cheese
- Fill a large pot with 8 cups of water. Add chicken breast, garlic powder, and parsley. Set stove to medium-high heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, pour the contents of the pot into a colander so only the chicken remains. Using two forks shred the chicken into small pieces.
- In a medium pot sprayed with nonstick spray, cook onions, garlic, seasoning, and spices over medium heat until onions soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and diced tomatoes, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes to thoroughly blend flavors.
- Once ready to serve, top each serving with crushed chips and, if desired, cilantro, sour cream and cheese.
- PER SERVING: 101 calories, 1g fat, 13g carbs, 1.5g fiber, 4g sugar, 11g protein
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bstrubel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kickin' Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews