Kickin' BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Most people use 6-inch tortillas for tacos, but we apply healthy new math and use them for quesadillas. Upsizing to an 8-inch tortilla nearly doubles the surface area, meaning twice as much cheesy filling. Suddenly, your sensible meal becomes an 800-calorie heavyweight. Start with a 6-incher, and pile on the lean meats, veggies, and cheese. Crisp in a hot skillet with cooking spray instead of butter to save 7g sat fat.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 383
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 696mg
- 2 ounces chopped roasted chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons grated Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Place first 6 ingredients on 1 tortilla; top with second tortilla. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add quesadilla to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until golden.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note