Wonderful Recipe! I did some tweaking since my Fiance' and I Love Hot and Spicy, instead of Paprika, I used Cayenne Pepper and added 2 diced Jalapeno's for some kick(added at the last hr), I also used Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce for the smoke house flavor...they were great combinations with the rosemary, oregano, garlic, beer and basil!! Really full of flavor compared to the first pulled pork recipe I had tried a couple yrs ago, which was just pulled pork and BBQ sauce. After my flop with the my first pulled pork recipe I never thought I would make it again, but when I found this recipe I just had to try it!!! Thanks and I will be making this again, only going to try and marinade the pork by using your seasoned rub with the mustard and garlic as well and let it set overnight before cooking.
Kickin' A** & Takin' Names Pulled Pork - "Ya got a CROCK in your POT?"
Community Recipe from
- 5-6 pound(s) Pork Shoulder Roast diced
- 1-2 bottle(s) Sweet Baby Rays Original BBQ Sauce minced
- 1 whole(s) red onions diced
- 6 clove(s) fresh garlic minced
- 1 can(s) beer
- 1 bunch(es) fresh rosemary
- 1 bunch(es) fresh oregano
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) mustard seed
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) pepper
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) basil
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 stick(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) dijon mustard
- 1.) Thaw Pork Shoulder Roast & set on rack for seasoning preparation.
- 2.) Set Crock Pot on low. Dice Red Onion & place in the bottom of pot with 1/2 stick of Butter, 1/2 can of Beer, & 1 cup of the BBQ sauce.
- 3.) Mix all Seasonings together in a bowl. (Rosemary, Oregano, Mustard Seed, Cajun Seasoning, Salt, Pepper, Basil, Paprika, & Garlic Salt)
- 4.) Rub Seasoning mixture on the Pork Should Roasts. Then, spread Dijon mustard over the entire piece of meat.
- 5.) Mince Fresh Garlic Cloves & spread on meat.
- 6.) Place the meat in the crock pot and pour the remaining BBQ sauce & Beer on top.
- 7.) Let cook for 7-9 hrs until the pork pulls apart. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lspehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes