Wonderful! I made this for a party and everyone loved it!
Kheer (Authentic Indian Rice Pudding)
Kheer is a delicately-spiced Indian rice pudding. It is simple to make and delicious!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) basmati rice (rinsed)
- 2 teaspoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) cardamom powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) crushed almonds
- 2 tablespoon(s) crushed pistachios
- 1 tablespoon(s) saffron
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 4 cup(s) whole milk (no substitutions)
- 1. Wash rice until water runs clear; set aside
- 2. Melt butter inside a deep frying pan; medium/high heat
- 3. Add the rice to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes stiring constantly with a spatula
- 4. Add the milk and bring to a boil
- 5. Reduce to medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes stirring constantly so that the milk does not burn
- 6. add the saffron, cardamom, almonds, and pistachios and simmer for another 3 minutes
- 7. remove from heat and let cool; Kheer will thicken as it cools
- 8. Kheer can be served warm or cold...I prefer to refrigerate and serve with a few crushed pistachios on top
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jexka82 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kheer (Authentic Indian Rice Pudding) Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts