Key lime pie with chocolate-almond crust
This is from Food and Wine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter melted, plus more for greasing
- 1 cup(s) chocolate graham cracker crumbs (from 9 whole crackers)
- 1/2 cup(s) finely ground almonds
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice from 25 key limes
- 1 teaspoon(s) finely grated lime zest
- 2 can(s) 14 oz. cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 whole(s) large eggs at room temperature lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) cold heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) cold sour cream
- 2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- Key lime slices for garnish
- 1. Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and butter a 10-inch glass pie plate. In a food processor, pulse the graham cracker crumbs with the ground almonds and sugar until thoroughly blended. Add the melted butter and pulse until the crumbs are moistened. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the side of the pie plate to form the crust. Bake for about 20 minutes, just until the almonds are lightly browned. Let the crust cool to room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, make the filling
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, lime zest, condensed milk and eggs until smooth. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and bake for about 20 minutes, until set around the edge and slightly jiggly in the center. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until very firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 3. Make the whipped cream
- In a bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the heavy cream and sour cream until soft peaks form, 2 minutes. Beat in the sugar until stiff peaks form, 1 minute. Mound the whipped cream on the pie. Garnish with the key lime slices and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by rskopek and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Key lime pie with chocolate-almond crust Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries