Key Lime Pie
found the omnipresence of Key Lime Pie in Florida fascinating. It is temptingly displayed in virtually every restaurant and café. I’d forgotten how good it is, and how easy to make, with that tasty graham cracker crust! No struggling with a traditional crust, the type that has made me crabby on many occasions. If you, too, have forgotten the charms of this pie, try this recipe and refresh your memory.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 10 Graham crackers
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 can(s) sweetend condensed milk 14 oz
- 1/2 cup(s) key lime juice fresh or bottled
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated lime zest
- whipped cream for serving
- 10 graham crackers
- ½ cup almonds
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup key lime juice (fresh or bottled)
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2. Break the graham crackers into large pieces and place them in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse several times, until you have fine crumbs. Place the crumbs in a medium bowl. Place the almonds in the food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped, then add them to the crumbs. Mix the butter with the crumb mixture until well blended, then press the mixture along the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake the crust for about 12 minutes, until it’s lightly browned. Set the crust aside.
- 3. Place the egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium until the yolks are pale yellow and slightly thickened, about two minutes. Reduce the speed to low and add the milk. Slowly add the lime juice, then turn off the mixer and stir in the lime zest. Pour the mixture into the pie pan and bake for about 15 minutes, until the filling is almost set but still moist.
- 4. Allow the pie to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate it for at least 8 hours. Serve chilled with whipped cream, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sandniel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Key Lime Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries